A happy, positive post today; Winter can be a bit of a drainer so I just wanted to share with you all some things that I’m loving lately….
1. Lunch Lady Magazine: People have been raving about this magazine since it first came out last year and I finally got my hands on a copy. I absolutely loved issue 3 so much that I have since ordered issues 1 and 2. If you’ve haven’t check this magazine out yet, get onto it people! You can buy it online here.
2. The Merrymaker Sisters: Love these girls! They’re like little balls of energy and sunshine. I’m addicted to their podcast and recently signed up for their free ‘find your perfect diet’ e-course which I found really useful. Their recipes are great too; hello gluten free, sugar free chocolate self saucing pudding!
3. Reading: I’ve been trying to do this every night before bed instead of scrolling through my phone (much better for winding down). I’ve just finished The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert. This is the first fiction novel of hers that I’ve read. I have to admit it took me a little bit to get into; I’m not really a fan of historic novels but it ended up drawing me in and towards the end I couldn’t put it down. It is an epic novel, and whilst I didn’t exactly ‘love’ it I can certainly appreciate the beauty in it and what an amazingly intricate piece of writing it is.
4. Being part of The Melbourne Mum Squad. This fun idea put together by Bron from Flat Bum Mum, Erin from The Mum’s Group and Tegan from Bump into Mums is all about giving Melbourne mums the chance to meet up, catch up and chat. For their first event we’re heading out to drinks and a private screening of the new movie Bad Moms (which looks hilarious by the way!) There are still tickets available so if you want in just head here and be sure to sign up to the Melbourne Mum Squad to be in the loop on future events.
5. Make up. Yes, make up. You see I’ve never been much of a make up wearer, but my bestie has recently started selling Younique make up and I’ve fallen in love with it! My sister and I recently took ourselves off to a make up course (something we’ve both wanted to do for years) and after learning how to apply it properly I now feel more confident about wearing make up. So I’m slowing saving and buying up the things I want. If you want to check out the Younique range head to my friend Kat’s website here.
6. Speaking of make up, Zoe Foster-Blake is officially launching her new beauty book ‘Amazinger Face’ this month and guess who’s going to be brunching with Zoe at The Langham Melbourne to celebrate? Yep me! I’m super excited to both meet Zoe and check out her new book which you can pre-order here now. Of course I headed straight to instagram for a public vote on what I should wear…I ended up choosing this pretty number from Feather and Noise.
8. Dance exercise videos. No seriously, don’t laugh! I’ve always struggled with exercising on a regular basis and find it even more of a challenge during winter so I recently plugged my ipad into the TV and looked up ‘dance exercise videos’ on youtube. The best thing is I can do it from the comfort of my own home, regardless of the weather and my son loves it too. We pump up the volume and dance around the lounge room, it’s fun and is also a really good, quick workout. I think I may have finally found my thing!
10. This yummy coconut and lemon yoghurt loaf, I made it on Sunday night for lunches this week and my god it is good!
Other things I’m loving: camp outs in the lounge room, hot baths, spending lots of quality time with my boys and sunny winter days.
What are you loving right now?
This kid and this guy